Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Go.Out.Perform


Mundus Vult Decipi...

"The World Wants To Be Deceived..." - A phrase I've coined from Daniel Madison's arm tattoo. But rather relevant I feel, to the theme of this blog.

Basically, I have become lazy in these past few weeks. I haven't been performing that often. I've not been networking or looking for any gigs. And I don't feel I've been working on any new concepts as of late. Just flourishing. And whilst coming to this realisation I've decided something must be done.

I'm going to take advice from a popular phrase amongst Ignotus Defend and the whole T11 Community. "Go.Out.Perform." - That is exactly what I am going to do.
I'm going to start going out around Hanley or even just on campus and perform for people. Whenever I go back to Birmingham I'm going to make sure I get a good few performances in (just like the good old days when I first started not so long ago). I'm going to perform a lot more at the LRV and when we go to pubs etc. And I am defiantly going to start networking and looking for gigs.

I also need to work on the theory side of my magic. I haven't really created much recently. I've taken a few more vocal notes. But that's about it. I'm going to try and create some more concepts so I have more vocal notes to record. I'm going to finish off editing my first ebook and get it finished. I'm going to start my second ebook and get that finished soon. And I'm going to carry on reading more magic ebooks and work on finishing off Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz.

I'm also going to get some of the ideas in my Personal Visual Notebook filmed and edited so I have some stuff to upload on the internet and show potential employers. Also for my own benefit so I can develop my creative skills in filming and editing and have more to show potential employers at the end of my degree. I also need to get some photo shoots done because I haven't had any pictures taken in ages and I really need to get my business cards done if I want to stand any chance of networking.

So as you can see I've got my work cut out for me. Being a Magician is much harder than you would expect. There is a lot of work you must do, and a shit load of practice. I haven't even mentioned staying on top of the magic community on the various websites//blogs.

But most of all what I need to do right now is improve my self, develop my skills and gain as much experience as possible, both good and bad. Because they are the most important things if I want to make it as a performer.

I need to go entertain the masses, I need to get out there and deceive the world once more. I need to Go.Out.Perform...


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment